ManufacturingCo. a leading manufacturer of commodity goods wanted to translate its paper SOPs to video SOPs. It sought to do so to ensure that workers understood the safety protocols clearly.
The SprintlyWorks team helped ManufacturingCo. identify key data points from the paper SOP. The team simplified various safety processes and created high-level safety process maps. Finally, the team provided a detailed video script to ManufacturingCo., which was then utilised to the final SOP video.
The key questions addressed in the project:
Q1. What factors should be considered to create the high-level overview of selected processes?
Q2. Based on what factors a recurring job should be considered for video SOPs?
Q3. What are the considerations and factors for a video-based SOP?
ManufacturingCo. used SprintlyWorks team workforce to deepen their understanding in two major things:
- How to simplify complex safety procedures
- How to create SOP in a video format
This project helped ManufacturingCo. to identify the key safety elements to ensure an easy and comprehensive way to communicate safety protocols. In addition, the project set a starting point for ManufacturingCo. to better scale their digital SOP in the future.
Firstly, the SprintlyWorks team deeply analyzed client’s safety processes in order to create comprehensive high-level process flows. Secondly, the team benchmarked the best practices in order to create an SOP video manuscript for the video company. Thirdly, to ensure a visually convenient video outcome, the team collaborated with a professional video company.
Phase 1: Safety process and SOP analysis
To understand the key elements required to ensure employee safety, the SprintlyWorks team deeply analyzed the client’s current safety materials and standards. Deep safety process analysis also helped the team to cover safety protocols in SOP video creation. Phase 1 contained three major steps:
- Analyzing client’s current safety processes
- Creating two high-level safety processes
- Analyzing client’s current SOP materials
Phase 2: Key personnel interviews
To determine the best practices, hazardous situations, and process technicalities in the selected SOP, the SprintlyWorks team conducted key personnel interviews. During these interviews, both the SprintlyWorks team and client participants actively provided their views on how to create a comprehensive and well-communicated video SOP.
Phase 3: Active collaboration and feedback
After having the key personnel interviews, the SprintlyWorks team actively collaborated together with client representatives and third-party video company to address several key questions in the SOP video creation:
- What are the necessary SOP process steps?
- How to ensure risk assessment and safety precautions?
- What visual icons and text elements to use in the video?
- How to scale the video transcript for other SOPs?
After addressing these key questions, the SprintlyWorks team created two video manuscripts for the client’s needs: one detailed video manuscript that was used in the selected SOP for which the video was created for and one scalable video manuscript that sets the framework for any SOP video. Finally, the video company created the video for the selected SOP.
Based on above, ManufacturingCo’s management was able to understand the following:
- Key steps in the safety processes
- All the relevant elements to use in a video SOP
As a result of the project, the client received two high-level safety process charts, a scalable video manuscript for SOPs and first video SOP produced by a professional video company. These project deliverables provide several results and benefits for the client:
- Better and easily understandable safety processes that can be presented for relevant stakeholders such as workers, management and external worker unions
- Digital version of SOP that help workers better understand their work
- Procedures that improve safety and help to reduce possible mistakes in workers recurring work tasks