Sprintly conducted a four-phase project encompassing:
- Webpage and social media analysis on MarineCo and its competitors
- Analysis of the reach of all published articles
- Analyze Google Analytics data of MarineCo website
- Identify key issues for the digital perception of MarineCo and offering recommendations to solve them
Key research questions
Q1. How ‘digital’ does the market perceive MarineCo offerings and the organization itself?
Q2. How is MarineCo positioned compared to its competitors?
Q3. What keywords are used in conjunction with the keyword – ‘Digital’ in competitors’ product communication?
The four phases of the project are encapsulated as:
Phase 1: Conduct webpage and social media analysis on MarineCo and its competitors
- Scope products for the research and understand the problem of the digital perception
- Draft evaluation criteria for the ranking and benchmarking with competitors
- Conduct desk research on MarineCo and its competitors’ websites and analyze the webpages and social media platforms
Phase 2: Conduct analysis on the reach of all published articles
- Identify key metrics for benchmarking of MarineCo with its competitors for article reach
- Identify keywords associated with products and overall MarineCo and competitors
- Consolidate findings on product and company perception from each customer segment
Phase 3: Analyze Google Analytics data of MarineCo website
- Identify KPIs and metrics to benchmark MarineCo website with other industries of MarineCo
- Conduct interviews with key sales personnel of MarineCo & Ports and synthesize their recommendations, ideas and thoughts.
Phase 4: Identify key issues for digital perception of MarineCo and offering recommendations to solve them
The identified key issues:
- The reach of articles for MarineCo is very low when benchmarked against competitors
- Sales teams are not trained in selling digital solutions
- The webpage structure and content is hindering the visibility of digital solutions
- Users are not searching for ‘Digital’ + ‘MarineCo’ on Google